Monday, April 21

LOGO Design: Aroma Du Jour


I am lucky enough to have the best mother in law ever. As a savvy business woman, she has owned several successful businesses and is now expanding her interests into candle making. I was delighted to be given the opportunity to create the branding for 'Aroma Du Jour', as logo design is one of those things I could literally stay up all night doing.

Once Chantelle picked the French name, 'Aroma Du Jour' translated as "Scent of the Day', the fleur-de-lis seemed a natural fit, being a beautiful symbol associated with the French. On a more spiritual note, the fleur-de-lis has represented the Holy Trinity, and though it doesn't have a whole lot to do with candles, she liked the idea of representing her own beliefs through the logo.

Once the basic idea of what I was creating began to formulate, not just any old Fleur-de-lis image was going to do! We wanted feminine, delicate lines, clean yet imaginative. The lettering I used was a slanted copperplate, almost spencerian in appearance. The sweeping curves of the capital letters are again incorporated in the outlines to tie the two together. Purposefully eliminating unnecessary use of color and dimension, the image is still able to capture an airy garden feel.

I can't end this post without a little bit of a sales pitch. I, being a mooch *cough* I mean, relative, got first dibs on these delicious 100% soy candles. The presentation is lovely in the clear, footed glass jars and each scent is more scrumptious than the next. If you would like to get in on the action, you can contact Chantelle through her blog for now, but the website will be coming soon.

1 comment:

chantelle said...

Thank you for being such an amazing Daughterenlaw! I could not do this with out your artistic stamp on my product line. You are very much loved!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin