Saturday, April 24

A Santa Fe Wedding Invitation Suite

Here to share pictures of my latest project... A wedding invitation suite, complete with a watercolored map of the wedding location. All of the text was lettered by hand in my "Loopy Luxe" calligraphy script, then scanned for reproduction.

The invitation was letterpress printed on ecru letterpress paper, and to make the package more budget-friendly, the RSVP, Address card and Map were flat printed on the same gorgeous fluffy paper.



The return address and RSVP envelope were stamped with a custom - calligraphy rubber stamp.

This incredible liner paper coordinated so beautifully with the rustic southwestern theme!

To complete the package, the iridescent gold inner envelopes were addressed in red, and the ivory outer envelopes were addressed in gold with matching Loopy Luxe calligraphy. (Pictures to come soon!)


I especially enjoyed creating this for my client because although it was a destination wedding in Santa Fe, NM - I live here! It was wonderful to be able to translate the beauty I see in this place into wedding stationery for this lovely couple.

5 comments:

Jane Farr said...

Danae!! This is stunning work. I love every piece in the suite. If I were a guest, I would have the map framed. (and lucky you to live in such a beautiful place!) I have a treasured sculpture I bought at a gallery on Canyon Road. :)

Ginna Dunlap Emmet said...

As a fellow calligrapher - I LOVE this invite! It is gorgeous! I just sent my first letterpress invite to the printer. I hope the results are as stunning as your's are! Beautiful work! Ginna Emmet
ginnadunlapemmetcalligraphy.com

erin said...

How fantastic! Did you do line the envelopes yourself or were they provided for you that way? It would have been difficult to address with liners!

alien man?! said...

I found your flickr and I have bookmarked that, your etsy and now this blog. Your works are so inspiring and beyond amazing.

holly3773 said...

Can we order these from you? Please contact me, if so, at holly3773@cox.net. I am planning a destination wedding to Santa Fe in June 2012.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin